RNG’s founding partners have been practicing construction law for a total of 60 years. Not only do we know construction law, we know construction. Our industry knowledge is what sets us apart from other firms, and gives our clients an advantage. RNG handles matters large and small – from billion dollar freeway improvement projects to a subcontractor’s mechanic’s lien claim. Our construction practice covers the entire spectrum of the design and construction process: drafting and negotiation of contract documents; project level advice and assistance; preparation and avoidance of claims; resolution of disputes through negotiations and mediation; and arbitration and litigation. Regardless of complexity, we can resolve the many problems and issues facing our construction industry clients throughout this process by implementing creative, practical and efficient solutions.
RNG represents a wide range of construction industry clients, including:
- general contractors
- construction managers
- subcontractors and specialty contractors
- design-build firms
RNG’s construction clients represent a wide cross-section of the industry, from established industry leaders with national and international operations to small regional companies. RNG attorneys apply their experience to a wide range of client matters, including:
- Contract Counseling. We advise our clients relating to the full spectrum of design and construction contracts and agreements, including reviewing, drafting and negotiating.
- Project Team Counseling. RNG believes in the old adage that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. In the construction industry, that ounce can easily translate into millions of dollars. RNG lawyers provide proactive counseling and assistance to our client’s project teams prior to and during construction to help them understand the contract terms and areas of law that have the most significant impact on their project. Our work frequently includes the preparation of “project manuals” to help project teams navigate the often complicated contract provisions that impact their daily work.
- Dispute Resolution. RNG represents clients in the informal resolution of contract disputes, mediations and arbitrations, as well as dispute review boards and other dispute resolution forums required by contract.
- Claims Management and Resolution. RNG lawyers have extensive experience preparing, prosecuting and defending delay, disruption and acceleration claims, contract claims, construction defect claims; design defect claims, and all other types of claims for additional compensation. We also counsel clients on various claims avoidance techniques and procedures.
- Bidding and Procurement. RNG lawyers assist our clients with the preparation of bids and proposals, as well as addressing bid mistakes, bid protests and other procurement matters relating to all types of construction procurement and delivery methods.
- Risk Mitigation. RNG provides a range of services relating to mechanic's liens, insurance, bonds, indemnity, warranties, and contract requirements concerning change orders and time extensions.
- Litigation. RNG lawyers have extensive experience litigating all types of construction disputes in all state and federal courts, as well as arbitration.